Sea Otter and Wildlife Viewing Tours
The northern Vancouver Island coast is a wild and relatively undisturbed place teaming with wildlife such as sea otters, humpback whales, orcas, Dalls’ porpoises, Pacific white-side dolphins, Steller sea lions, bald eagles and a multitude of sea birds. On this 3 ½ to 4 hour tour we specifically go in search of the sea otters who are making a comeback in the area. You may see solo sea otters bobbing around in the ocean, or rafts of them all together.
Your experienced guides are well acquainted with the local waters and the best places to see wildlife. As we explore the wildlife rich waters off northern Vancouver Island during this tour, we strive to see all the animals but as with all wildlife cannot guarantee it. To provide you the best opportunity to see as much wildlife as possible in a day you may also want to consider the longer 5 ½ to 6 hour Whale Watching and Wildlife Viewing tour that can cover a greater area and can spend more time viewing wildlife.
Minimum age of 8 years old. All passengers 18 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Tours depart from Coastal Rainforest Safari’s office at 7185 Market Street in Port Hardy, BC on Northern Vancouver Island.
Please arrive 30 minutes before the tour’s departure time to be outfitted in floater suits and sign a waiver. At the office, your guide will provide a safety briefing plus an overview of the tour and area we will be exploring. The boat is docked a short one minute walk from our office.
The open zodiac style vessel has comfortable seating for 12 passengers and has a small on-board toilet. Due to COVID precautions we are only allowing a maximum of eight guests per trip in 2020.
Zodiac style boats are not suitable for people with a history of back or neck injuries, recent surgery, or are pregnant.
Please dress warmly. You will be provided with flotation suits, warm hats, and binoculars.
Plenty of wildlife photography opportunities are available but please do not bring tripods on board.
Departs daily at 12:00 pm
From July 15 to October 4, 2020
3 ½ to 4 Hour Tour
$165 CAD per adult
$150 CAD per child
$995 CAD private charter
Booking and Cancellation Policy
- Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Customers receive a full refund if cancelling 7 or more days before their tour. Within 7 days of departure no refund is provided.
- We strongly recommend travel insurance is case you cannot make your trip for unforeseen circumstances.
- For anyone showing any symptoms of COVID-19, or who has been in contact with someone showing symptoms of COVID-19 a full refund will be available right up until the time of departure.
- In the unlikely event that Coastal Rainforest Safaris needs to cancel the trip due to weather or unforeseen circumstances, a full refund is provided.
- Contact us by email or phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation.