Coastal Rainforest Safaris has implemented the following health and safety measures, guided by advice provided by the Provincial government, Public Health Officer, and other government agencies.
What you can expect from us:
- While our vessel has comfortable seating for 12 passengers, we limit our scheduled tours to a maximum of eight guests.
- We sanitize bathrooms and every commonly touched surface in our office and on our vessel before and after each tour.
- We have hand sanitizer stations at the office and on the vessel.
- All staff wear masks or face-coverings when maintaining a social distance of 2 metres is not possible.
- We have installed shields at our check-in desk to protect guests and staff.
- We recommend online bookings and card payments for gratuities.
- Touch free credit card processing is available at our office
- Any staff who are feeling unwell are required to stay home.
- Any gear supplied by Coastal Rainforest Safaris is sanitized between each tour.
What we expect from you:
- If you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 or are feeling unwell, or if you have been in contact with someone showing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
- We ask you to inform us if you have:
- Have you experienced a cough, fever, or other flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have you traveled outside of Canada (including the United States) within the last 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you been asked to quarantine in the last 14 days?
- You are required to wear a mask or face covering at all times on board our vessel. You can bring your own. Or we’re happy to supply one.
- Use the hand sanitizer we provide upon arrival and frequently throughout the tour.
- Remember to social-distance as much as possible from other guests and staff.
- Bring your own water in a reusable bottle as this item will not be available on board.
Outstanding sea otter and wildlife tour with Coastal Rainforest Safaris! We had a fabulous wildlife tour with Andrew! We saw dozens of sea otters, Dall's porpoises, humpback whales, stellar sea lions, seals, and orcas! Andrew is an excellent and knowledgeable guide, who went the extra mile (many miles, actually!) to locate a large pod of orcas that had been spotted in the area. It was such as bonus to see... read moredebr832
A great tour of local wildlife! I took the 6hr tour from 10-4 and it was great. I don't expect any guides to produce wildlife for guests. I just expect that they put us in a position to see wildlife using their knowledge of the area. In this case our guide fully delivered. We saw a large pod of orcas, sea otters, 5-6 humpback whales, pacific... read moreJustin C.
Lifetime experience I highly recommend doing a tour with Coastal Rainforest Safaris! They obey the Covid-19 rules and It was a pleasure to listen to Mike. Beside the tour he also told us more about life in the sea and Indigenous history. We really enjoyed and Mike made sure we took great photos!Quest262151
Otters Everywhere!! Our day on the water with guide Tommy Child was amazing - his professionalism, traditional knowledge, and the abundance of wildlife made for an epic day. We set out of Port Hardy in a fog bank but were quickly clear of it and learning about ancient First Nations use of all that the land and waters had to offer.
We were... read moreAJWheel
An amazing birthday present! I had an incredible day on the water viewing wildlife with Coastal Rainforest Safaris! I enjoyed the scenery and all the amazing wildlife, especially the whales. The staff were knowledgeable and followed all the recommendations for COVID-19 protocol. Lunch was delicious and I felt comfortable and safe on the water. It was a wonderful day and I highly recommend... read morediannehL3443RJ
Spectacular wildlife experience Wow, did this trip deliver! Although the weather did not fully co-operate, we saw 2 black bears, hundreds of sea lions, 20+ sea otters, 2 minke whales, 28 northern resident orcas, 4 humpback whales, and Dall porpoises .
Organization of the trip was very good and their equipment excellent.
Covid-19 practices were also very good.
Fun, informative and professional We had a wonderful time today with Andrew our guide, visiting the islands, coves and waters around Port Hardy. Andrew (one of the owners of the company) was a terrific host and guide, as he was very safety oriented, respectful of the wildlife and knowledgeable about the area. We saw Humpback whales, sea otters, sea lions, seals, bald eagles and... read moreNorthVanPat
Incredible day on the water! Loved the small boat experience, only 8 of us passengers and it was perfect - we all had prime seating, and the ability to move around and to chat with the guide. Our guide (/owner) Andrew was incredibly knowledgable about the area, the wildlife, the history, and daily life. He led us on a 6-hour tour through open channels and... read morePamDuyn
Be awed and inspired by the beauty of nature What an amazing experience. We were treated to sightings of numerous humpback whales, stellar sea lions, porpoises, and sea otters. Our guide was knowledgeable of the area and wildlife. If you get the opportunity to go on a tour, I recommend you don’t pass it up!zoeelaine83