Whale Watching and Wildlife Viewing Tours
Spend the day exploring the wildlife rich waters, islands and shores off northern Vancouver Island in search of sea otters, humpback whales, orcas, Dalls’ porpoises, Pacific white-side dolphins, Steller sea lions, bald eagles and a multitude of sea birds.
This longer 5 ½ to 6 hour tour combined with the speed of our vessel allows us to cover a large area and provides us with greater opportunities to see as much wildlife as possible; However, we are still dealing with wildlife and nothing is guaranteed. We may not see all the above animals on every trip but our guides are well acquainted with the local waters and the best places to see wildlife. If a slightly shorter tour is more of what you are looking for consider our 3 ½ to 4 hour Sea Otter and Wildlife Viewing tour or Evening Wildlife Viewing tour.
Minimum age of 8 years old. All passengers 18 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Tours depart from Coastal Rainforest Safari’s office at 7185 Market Street in Port Hardy, BC on Northern Vancouver Island.
Please arrive 30 minutes before the tour’s departure time to be outfitted in floater suits and sign a waiver. At the office, your guide will provide a safety briefing plus an overview of the tour and area we will be exploring. The boat is docked a short one minute walk from our office.
The open zodiac style vessel has comfortable seating for 12 passengers and has a small on-board toilet. Due to COVID precautions we are only allowing a maximum of eight guests per trip in 2020.
Zodiac style boats are not suitable for people with a history of back or neck injuries, recent surgery, or are pregnant.
Please dress warmly. You will be provided with flotation suits, warm hats, and binoculars.
Plenty of wildlife photography opportunities are available but please do not bring tripods on board.
Lunch and warm drinks are provided on our 5 ½ to 6 hour tours.
Departs daily at 10:00 am
From July 15 to October 4, 2020
5 ½ to 6 Hour Tour
$245 CAD per adult
$225 CAD per child
$1495 CAD private charter
Booking and Cancellation Policy
- Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Customers receive a full refund if cancelling 7 or more days before their tour. Within 7 days of departure no refund is provided.
- We strongly recommend travel insurance is case you cannot make your trip for unforeseen circumstances.
- For anyone showing any symptoms of COVID-19, or who has been in contact with someone showing symptoms of COVID-19 a full refund will be available right up until the time of departure.
- In the unlikely event that Coastal Rainforest Safaris needs to cancel the trip due to weather or unforeseen circumstances, a full refund is provided.
- Contact us by email or phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation.